Reporting to senior management, you will play a part in the following:
- Provide pro-active or timely technical advice or opinion on legal and company secretarial matters internally and externally;
- Resolve technical company secretarial issues for listed and private companies by giving technical support/advice to professional service lines on legal and regulatory risks associated with engagements;
- Legal and technical research;
- Draft, negotiate and review engagement documentation with clients and other kind of agreements
- Prepare publication of regulatory updates and newsletters;
- Serve as a member of internal Technical Working Group backing professional service teams;
- Prepare, review and streamline internal control processes and professional services practices by assisting to develop, review and update standard templates, procedures and company secretarial practices, checklists and technical bulletins;
- Provide and conduct technical regulatory briefing and training for internal staff and external parties;
- Prepare written submissions or replies to Stock Exchange, SFC or other regulatory bodies on relevant consultations and proposals in particular on those affecting the company’s professional services; and
- Ad hoc projects as assigned by CEO and senior management.
- A Hong Kong qualified solicitor with some post-qualification legal experience in a law or professional firm or in-house environment. Newly qualified with relevant experience will also be considered;
- Possess experience in corporate secretarial or legal and compliance practices in regulatory bodies is a plus and interest in corporate governance, Listing Rules, CO, SFO and AML/CFT compliance;
- Possess problem-solving ability in complicated situations involving legal and compliance issues and develop workable solutions for different scenarios;
- Strong project management skills with the ability to complete legal projects and to execute multiple projects with precision;
- Strong legal skills (drafting, research and analytical) and well-versed and deep understanding and practice in new Hong Kong Companies Ordinance, Listing Rules and Securities and Futures Ordinance;
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and presentation skills;
- Good command of spoken English, Putonghua and Cantonese and written English and Chinese;
- High ethical standard, pleasant, detail-orientated, well-organised and strong sense of responsibility; and
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and Chinese Words input.
Candidates with relevant experience will be considered for a position commensurate with experience.
We offer attractive salary and benefits to successful candidates, including five-day work week, medical benefits and performance bonus. Applicants who are not contacted within six weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purpose only.
Interested parties please email to email@example.com